Amsterdam Sights

Haarlemmermeerstation

The Haarlemmermeerstation, until 1933 called Willemspark Station, was built in 1915 by architect H. van Emmerik, but from an original design of K.P.C. de Bazel, who also built the office of the Nederlandsche Handel-Maatschappij (called De Bazel) on Vijzelstraat, which nowadays houses the Amsterdam City Archives (Stadsarchief Amsterdam).

The building is located on the Amstelveenseweg in Amsterdam-Zuid and is the starting point of the former railway line to Amstelveen - Aalsmeer / Uithoorn.

Passenger traffic was discontinued in 1950, after which the transport of goods (mainly coal transport) still remained until 1972. After the closure the Haarlemmermeerstation and the line to Amstelveen - Bovenkerk came in use by the Electric Tram Museum Amsterdam (EMA) as of 1975.

In front of the building are bus stops of Connexxion and GVB (Amsterdam's public transport company) and tram stops of the lines 16 and 24.

How to get there?

By tram: 2 (400 m walking) stop Amstelveenseweg; 16 stop Haarlemmermeerstation.
By bus: 15, 62, 142 (mon-fri), 145, 170, 172, 174 or 197 stop Haarlemmermeerstation.
By car: nearest car park P+R Olympisch Stadion

Hollandsche Manege
 click on image to enlarge map

Haarlemmermeerstation

Amstelveenseweg 264
Amsterdam (Oud-Zuid)

website
beeldbank.amsterdam.nl