By Location By Cuisine By Type
Good to know when you visit an Amsterdam restaurant
- It is advisable to reserve; there are a few restaurants where you won't need to, but it is better to be safe than sorry.
- Enquire beforehand if you want to pay with a credit card.
- The Dutch eat early. Some restaurants close earlier than you might expect.
- Smoking in restaurants is not allowed anymore, although some restaurants still have some smoking rooms
- Small neighborhood restaurants or bistro's are called eetcafés; you can have here a full dinner for a rather small price.
Restaurants by location
Looking for a good and nice restaurant? Find dining suggestions per district selected by local Amsterdammers.
Foodism by friends
a relaxed bar-restaurant serving simple and healthy food, in an elegant style → Foodism
child-friendly restaurantseating & drinking with kids: restaurants, cafés, and bars that are safe for children ... and parents!
new or restyled restaurantsbrand-new or refurbished restaurants that have recently opened their doors
Recommend a restaurant
Know a great restaurant that deserves to be listed? Then tell us about it.